A downloadable game for Windows
How to play
Each round presents you with a classic Hangman Puzzle. Your goal is to guess the underlying word or phrase, one letter at a time! Each turn you have four options.
- Spin: You'll spin a spinner and guess a consonant to earn points. The spinner "heats up" with each correct guess and the only way to cool it down is to end your turn.
- Vowel: If you have the points to spare, you can purchase a vowel to help you solve the puzzle.
- Solve: If you think you've solved the puzzle, announce the answer for a quick reward!
- Pass: If the spinner is too hot, and don't have the solution for the solve, you can always just pass your turn to cool off.
There's also other fun stuff like bonuses that award you under special conditions like multiplying the reward for solving the puzzle!
Create custom puzzles for your favorite fandom, make in-joke puzzles for your friend group, or contribute to the Base Game (which is itself a mod!), the sky is the limit!
Download mods here!
To install a mod, put the `.hmm` file in the `Mods` directory next to the application.
|Tags||2D, Family Friendly, Minimalist, party-game, Split Screen, Word game|
Windows 49 MB
Version 11 32 days ago
- Version 1.2Nov 13, 2022
- Quality of Life fixesOct 10, 2022
- Modding TutorialSep 17, 2022
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
2 bugs to report.
1. Turning Fullscreen off isn't saved, so the game automatically goes back to fullscreen whenever you re-enter.
2. It looks like a few puzzles get "removed" after a game is played/exited. I've provided a video showcasing this, where the number of puzzles available goes from 125 to 118. Restarting the game brings back the "removed" puzzles, at least.
Correction: Now that I've read the Modding Tutorial page, I now know why it looks like puzzles were being "removed". Apologies for the false bug report.
Got 1 more bug to report. The game's crashed on me a few times in the middle of my play sessions claiming that I've run out of puzzles, which is impossible now since the mod I've created and am using has 1800+ puzzles currently, and at most I go through 10-15 puzzles at a time. I'm sending images of the crash log here:
I like this game a lot and I think it has room for growth, so I'm planning to give it a proper review sometime next weekend.
Thanks for the crash log! I'll have a look in a few days
Thanks for the reply. There was actually another bug I completely forgot to mention concerning the timer: if you back out of spinning, buying a vowel, or attempting to solve the puzzle, the timer resets. This can essentially be abused to give yourself infinite time.
As promised, my official review for the game. Might be a bit harsh, but hey, I am a critic, after all.